Working Papers

Who needs working papers?
All students between 14 – 17 years of age must have an employment certificate in order to work.

Applications are in the Guidance Office and on the NYCDOE website.

You will need:

  • A completed application signed by a parent
  • A birth certificate or other original proof of age
  • An original version of a New York State doctor’s note (stating the student is “fit for employment”) Certificate of physical fitness completed by a NY State physician
  • Schooling record: Registered NYC public school students need their school ID